What if a dog bites me?

What to do if bitten by a dog in the Portland Oregon Area:

  • Seek appropriate medical attention
  • Write down a description of the dog, including the breed.
  • Find out the name, address and phone number of the dog owner
    and/or who was in control of the dog at the time of the bite.
  • Obtain name, address and phone number of any witnesses,
    along with alternate contact information. Witness include those who
    saw the dog bite you and those that saw the dog bite anyone else. Witnesses can also include those that witnessed the aftermath of the event in question.
  • Take photographs of the injury.
  • Call me at (503) 238-1010, preferably before you give a
    statement to any insurance agency.
  • Report the incident to the animal control agency in your
    county :
  • If the dog is a known dangerous dog with a history of attacking people, it may be appropriate to make a police report, especially in the event of serious injury or death, as the owner may be guilty of a crime. See ORS 609.098.
  • Multnomah County Animal Control
    Phone: (503)988-7387

    Clackamas County Animal Control
    Phone: (503) 655-8628
    Emergency Phone: (503) 655-8211

    Washington County Animal Control
    Phone: 503-846-7041

    Linn County Animal Control
    Phone: 541-967-3925

    Lane County Animal Control
    Phone: 541-682-3645

    Marion County Animal Control
    If you live anywhere in Marion County, except in the cities of Stayton, Sublimity, and Woodburn, call Dog Control at 503-588-5366, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  If you live in Stayton or Sublimity, call 503-769-3421, or in Woodburn, call 503-982-2345.

    Deschutes County Animal Control

    City of Bend Animal Control 541-693-6911

    error: Content is protected !!